This half term our learning theme is ‘Time to Rhyme’. Together we will be enjoying a mix traditional stories and nursery rhymes, such as ‘The Three Little Pigs’, ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ and ‘Hey Diddle Diddle’.
We have already been making houses for the Three Little Pigs. Here are some photos of the construction and the testing of the houses, complete with a surprise guest… the Big Bad Wolf!
The Foundation Stage
This is a very important year for children, where they will learn many new skills from leaving their parents, making new friends, learning letters sounds, how to count and recognise numbers to being independent at dressing, using their bodies to move in different ways through being active and being creative. All of our learning takes place both indoors and outdoors and is carried out in a very fun and practical way.
Week Commencing 13th January
All of this term we are continuing to practise recognising numbers and count objects accurately. With these skills we can match numeral with quantity. With our name mat we are also beginning to write our own names!
Our numbers of the week are 1 and 2.
Our shape of the week is a circle.
Our sound of the week is the letter ‘s’.
- Can you spot the numbers 1 or 2 any where at home?
- Can you find any objects that are circles at you house?
- Can you find any objects that start with the letter ‘s’?
Numbers, shapes and letters are everywhere!
There’s always reading too!
- Thank you to everyone who has been enjoying the new school reading books with their children.
- Why not also read with your child the book they have picked from the school library.
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go” Dr Seuss