(Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service)
The Service aims to promote effective partnerships between parents/carers, Schools and the County Council.
They provide information and support for parents and carers to enable them to play an active and valuable role in their children’s education.
- a telephone helpline service
- information and support for parents, carers, children and young people
- written information about SEN available on web page/leaflets
- information sessions for parents and carers
- advice and support in relation to school admissions and appeals
- training for professional staff and school governors
- access to an Independent Supporter where appropriate
They help parents:
- by listening to your views and concerns
- by working with you to explore your options
- prepare for meetings
- find the confidence to express your views
- with forms, letters and reports
- to understand rights in relation to SEN and disability
- work in partnership with schools and the local authority to develop positive relationships
Helpline number – 01473 265210
Available in office hours Monday-Friday. You can leave a message and we will get back to you.
You can also email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Get the latest advice and news on Facebook – www.facebook.com/parentpartnershipinsuffolk